Pumpkin pie is a classic American dessert that embodies the warm, comforting flavors of autumn. This delectable treat features a spiced, creamy pumpkin filling encased in a flaky, buttery pie crust. The signature aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves mingles with the sweet, earthy notes of pumpkin, creating a mouthwatering harmony of flavors. Each slice of pumpkin pie is a delightful reminder of the fall season, making it a beloved Thanksgiving tradition and a delightful dessert for any cool-weather gathering. Whether topped with a dollop of whipped cream or enjoyed on its own, pumpkin pie is a timeless favorite that brings a taste of fall to your plate.
- 500 grams of butternut squash
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water)
- 100 grams of butter (cut into cubes)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 2-3 cups of flour
- 1Sift the flour and powdered sugar into a deep bowl. Add the cold, cubed butter and egg yolks to the mixture. Knead the mixture until it reaches a non-sticky dough consistency. Stretch the dough and refrigerate it for half an hour.
- 2Place the sliced butternut squash in a pot. Add sugar, spices, and water to the pot. Cook the butternut squash until it softens. Puree the softened butternut squash in a blender. Add the cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water) to the puree and boil for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 3Roll out the tart dough to the size of your tart pan. Lightly grease the tart pan. Place the dough in the pan and press it into place. Use a fork to create holes in the center. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Spread the butternut squash puree over the tart. Smooth the surface and return to the oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Slice and serve your Butternut Squash Tart. Your Butternut Squash Tart is ready. Enjoy!