Macarons are exquisite French pastries that combine the perfect balance of delicate almond meringue shells and luscious, flavorful fillings. These dainty treats, available in a rainbow of colors and an array of delightful flavors, offer a delightful experience for the senses. With their crisp outer shells and soft, chewy insides, macarons are a bite-sized luxury that's perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any occasion or simply indulging in a personal treat. Embrace the art of French pastry with these petite, flavor-packed gems.
- 1 egg white
- 16 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet of vanilla extract
- 32 grams almond flour
- 70 grams powdered sugar
- 3 drops food coloring
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry jam
- 1Take egg white, sugar, salt, and vanilla into a mixing bowl and beat until a stiff peak forms.
- 2Add food coloring and continue to beat until the mixture is evenly colored. If you don't want to use food coloring, you can skip this step, and your macarons will be beige in color.
- 3Sift almond flour and powdered sugar and fold them into the mixture using a spatula, being careful not to deflate the batter.
- 4Pipe the mixture onto parchment paper, making 1.5 cm rounds using a piping bag.
- 5Tap the baking sheet on the counter at least twice to help release any trapped air in the batter.
- 6Let the bezels rest at room temperature for about 1 hour or until they are no longer sticky to the touch and have formed a shell.
- 7For the Cream: Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 8Once the bezels have completely cooled: Fill their centers with the cream to create sandwich-like macarons. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!