Chocolate chip cookie
A classic American chocolate chip cookie recipe that is soft and chewy on the inside with a slightly crispy edge. You can add nuts or peanuts according to your preference. The key is not to overbake them.
- butter or margarine
- 2large eggs (one whole egg, one egg yolk)
- 1cup brown sugar
- 3tbspn white sugar
- 1teaspoon baking soda or baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1packet vanilla
- 1cups chocolate chips
- 2cups flour
- 3easpoons Nescafe (expresso) (optional)
- 1cup chopped nuts or peanuts
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat the softened butter or margarine together with brown sugar until it reaches a homogeneous consistency. Be careful not to overmix.
- 2Add the eggs (one whole egg and one egg yolk) and continue mixing for 30 seconds.
- 3Next, add the flour, baking soda or baking powder, vanilla, salt, and Nescafe (expresso) to the mixture and continue mixing for another 20 seconds.
- 4If desired, add chopped nuts or peanuts to the dough and gently fold them in using a spatula.
- 5Finally, add the chocolate chips to the dough and ensure they are evenly distributed. Be careful not to overmix; a homogenous mixture is sufficient.
- 6The dough will have a soft consistency, unlike traditional cookie dough. To shape the cookies, you can use a spoon or, like me, wet your hands slightly with water and form the cookies by hand. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between each cookie.
- 7Avoid making the cookies too thick or too large, as they will spread and stick together while baking.
- 8You can lightly press down on the cookies, but they will spread naturally as they bake. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius (340 degrees Fahrenheit) and bake the cookies for 17-19 minutes. (Keep in mind that baking times may vary depending on your oven, so be vigilant).
- 9An important tip: After the specified time, when you touch the cookies, they will feel slightly soft. Don't think they are undercooked; once they cool outside the oven, they will firm up. If they have turned slightly golden, take them out of the oven immediately.